Sign in to follow this  
Mystery

Account Limitations

Through several discussions I've had... I've been pondering a bit on certain account limitations. Typically moreso regarding the 10 posts a day to get to 20 to download things. Here are some things I've been pondering:

• Allow new members to download right away... however, they can only download 1-2 files per day every 2-3 days.
  • Moving to Midgard Member group will alleviate such restriction. 

I'm looking to hear out some other discussions/suggestions! Let's start spitballing some ideas around :Fsh: 

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

To avoid leeching sir that would be great. I'm up for this. To get what you want you have to work on it and contribute. That would make the community very active and interesting.

Edited by Thanna

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Mystery said:

Allow new members to download right away... however, they can only download 1-2 files per day every 2-3 days

+1 for this, it will reduce alot of spamming and makes forums clean,  btw every 2-3 days means they need ot wait 2-3 days once they downloaded for a day?

10 hours ago, Mystery said:

Moving to Midgard Member group will alleviate such restriction. 

is there any particular post count or some condition for member to move from midgard-novice to midgard-member group, if yes you might consider adding a condition that user must release at least one free release or any kinda contribution to midgard!

PS- i am hoping support section to be active instead users coming to midgard just to download files

please feel free to correct me if anything  

Edited by Cyro

Yeah i'm effraid that if you allow new users to downlad even 1or 2 files right away, we won't see them being active in the forums.

I would change the actual condition to post 30 messages to be able to download files and adding a new one wich would be that someone has to upload atleast one file to be allowed to download.

I, as well as cyro, am hoping this community to be active, host a lot of creation and not be the place u come to download files easily. Now don't get me wrong, your method might work, it's just how i see things !

16 hours ago, Cyro said:

+1 for this, it will reduce alot of spamming and makes forums clean

+1 :Fsh:

On 5/16/2017 at 0:05 PM, Gatien said:

I would change the actual condition to post 30 messages to be able to download files and adding a new one wich would be that someone has to upload atleast one file to be allowed to download.

I think having that + allowing them to download 1 file every 3 days might be fine. This way, they can still "Download" but can't download freely like other members.

On 5/20/2017 at 8:06 AM, Mystery said:

I think having that + allowing them to download 1 file every 3 days might be fine. This way, they can still "Download" but can't download freely like other members.

Yeah, 1 file every 2-3 days is fine. It is clearly better rather than having spam posts which contains "I like that" "Good Update" etc.
Worst is that they post on old threads. I'm not saying they are wrong, but it is very clear what their motives are xD

On 20/05/2017 at 3:06 AM, Mystery said:

I mean, sure why not, everything can be changed if it doesn't work ! I'd rather have them download one file every three days rather than constantly have them spamming every topics ! :beer:

7 hours ago, Gatien said:

I mean, sure why not, everything can be changed if it doesn't work ! I'd rather have them download one file every three days rather than constantly have them spamming every topics ! :beer:

10 hours ago, Sychiee said:

This would be awesome please :(

13 hours ago, svartalvar said:

Yeah, 1 file every 2-3 days is fine. It is clearly better rather than having spam posts which contains "I like that" "Good Update" etc.
Worst is that they post on old threads. I'm not saying they are wrong, but it is very clear what their motives are xD

Yeah, and there will be a cap on download speed as well.

I think I got it now LOL before i didn't understand at all how this work, but I think it is ok for 20 post. 

These changes have been implemented! Read more about these changes in this announcement: