Mystery

Vends in main town

I wanna hear from the community! Normally there seems to be servers that enable vends in their main town (mostly Prontera). What are you thoughts about this? Do you guys like vends in the town (off to the side or something) or rather have them in a designated map?

I personally hate vendors in main towns..Especially if the server starts to get populated, it looks so trashy with all of these bubbles just hanging around. 

True! Once the server gets populated... oh my goodness.. It'd be like iRO with all the venders in main town blocking spaces.

Well, the only reason I know why people have vendors in main towns is for player count, nonetheless if they really wanted a vending area they should've made a specific map for it.

I prefer a large map where players go searching for sellers than those annoying vends in main town.

Or maybe you can set on the map that you can only use vending on that specific cell.

Ye that could probably work. But I doubt you'd want to do that on a very populated server in a main town. Unless the town is quite large I might add.. then it should be fine xD

on RO2 the auction system was important, i wonder.. why is auction not important in RO? i think it's a good system and it avoid merchant spam :o
However, about the question, i would say that it's better to allow merchants on towns because at least they will be not empty (?) and most servers have this option enabled.
If you create a specific map for merchants it will be ez to notice the numbers of merchants that you have and people will complain with "WOW, 200 MERCHANTS? DEAD SERVER" and stuff like that.

I have designed a custom map that is large enough to contain everything.. vending area, mall, quest area, event area.. etc.. everything

I think the auction system should be used too.. it offers a different way to 'sell' things. Have a screenshot of what it looks like @Kierenp1995?

7 minutes ago, Mystery said:

I think the auction system should be used too.. it offers a different way to 'sell' things. Have a screenshot of what it looks like @Kierenp1995?

Yes i do @Mystery, Screenshots being below :-)

We are still a very new server that im not actively advertising since i want to develop it further.. its is just a big struggle since i am the only real developer on the team..However me being the owner i guess i have that responsibility.. I'd be a fool opening a server without those skills.

screenStorylineRO007.jpg

This would be the Mall Area ^^^

screenStorylineRO008.jpg

Main Hometown Area ^^^^

screenStorylineRO011.jpg

Vending area, currently occupied by Events until i finish another area of the map :-)

Edited by Kierenp1995

5 minutes ago, Mystery said:

Not bad. I assume the hometown is a custom map? xD

Ofcourse! It was designed the way it is to keep the server together.. Requires less npcs for different warps.. it means the map will be big but not too big.. and also i wanted the design to fit in with likes of Prontera/Izlude.. so it doesnt have like.. silly advertisements like Coca Cola like you see on other servers custom maps.

Better to have it in Prontera as it serves as the main town of RO world and from the word Prontera it means something related to merchants.