Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Zippy

Ignoring a Server

im just wondering... but what makes you not bother looking at a server? Basically based on a first 'glance'

I think for me what kinda makes me look away is just they way they present their server... mainly with through aesthetics. If their aesthetics are poor, I don't bother.

^A part of what Myst said.

If they don't have a decent main webpage, or I have trouble searching for more information, then it's not a server I want to look further into.

Also, those screenshots matters too. Sometimes it's specified as an English server but no one's speaking English in those screenshot, then forget it. Been on a server where it's suppose to be English friendly but no one speaks it, it wasn't very enjoyable.

If the the server is a copy-paste of the basic emulator+the same custom pack+the same custom system.

The only Servers I really played are:

(Started in national brazilians servers)

bRO2 - exactly same as oficial but a higher exp rate - pre renewal

RagnaDrima - mid-high rate server, first br to try third classes with first 3ceAm patches - pre renewal

RagBrasil - low-high rate server, some of firsts to try renewal system, after ragnadrima down and back as super high rate I migrated.

(So started to look from international servers)

LimitRO - mid rate, I tried this because use new systems and have active staff, some custom content and a very very very nice administrator (Lai - this guy rocks), after RagBrasil turned a snowball of bugs and staff inactivity, quits and problems I migrated (but still support the players from there)

NovaRO - low rate, some friends asked if exists good renewal servers to start, so I go to rms and what the server with most reviews? Yes this one, they wanted to play from 0 so we started here, a bit similar to Limit (basically same idea) with diference of customs systems to level, to get gears they played for a while and gone (very expected) but I still because all love nova e.e

To finish I just played servers who tried to inovate (all take something new to show and make success with with, but some simply don't keep these systems working and when get outdated players gone) If a see a server saying RO old times 255/120 500+ custom itens, I just ignore because its very common and do not have anything special to show.

What makes me not look at a server for more than 3 seconds is:

- Being generic. If I want generic, I'll play officials.

- Being customized to the point everything stops being RO'ish. Such extremes aren't fun!

That's all I can really think of right now... :P

Just too.. generic, and also too customized.. there is a perfect balance somewhere.. each server that is great has this balance but they present it differently.. also as stated above.. the aesthetics.

If it's too overpowered like the freebies has MVP/Mini Boss cards and God items and 4 slotted gears etc... 

1st. Any sort of pre-made theme. I think using these are the equivalent of just leaving the default FluxCP theme. It takes almost no skill to, at the very least, make a basic HTML/CSS website with a default FluxCP for your separate control panel. That would be more enticing than a copy-paste theme. Using something pre-made screams "I don't care about that aspect of the server!" But only makes me wonder what other areas you also don't care about.

2nd. Sounding generic. Maybe it's because I've played RO forever, but seeing a server that doesn't bring anything new to the table doesn't entice me unless there's like 700+ players. Too many servers are basically adjusted rates and a mission board for hunting quests. Why invest time in the same old when the same old server is everywhere?

^Yeah aesthetics plays a big role. From the website to installer and even the patchers interface. Also if they advertise on other RO pages/forums just to get players.

On 7/5/2016 at 3:39 PM, ice_water999 said:

bad server names, wings, super high rates basically

Also don't like wings :221_see_no_evil:

2 hours ago, Dildo said:

Haha Like Pokemon

You don't like servers that have Pokemon? ;O

I like server that has Pokemon pets i find it quite cute lolol

-----------------------------

On 6/11/2016 at 7:56 PM, bebox123 said:

If it's too overpowered like the freebies has MVP/Mini Boss cards and God items and 4 slotted gears etc... 

I'm with bebox with this one ^ ... not a fan of OP stuffs unless its well balanced. :Spin: