Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mystery

Additional Post Restriction

Key Changes

New members are going to have a little bit more restrictions placed on them that goes hand-in-hand with the 20-content count limit for downloads:

Changes :

• New members can no longer view topics in the Download Support sub-forums unless they have a content count of 20.
  • New Group: Midgard Member
    • There is Midgard Novice & Midgard Member
    • Members in the Midgard Novice group are not able to comment on any downloads' comment section
    • Members who have over 30 + content count will be moved to the Midgard Member group
    • Posting Limits
      • Members in the Midgard Novice group are only eligible to post up to 10 times a day (this refers to comments, polls, topics, replies, etc.)  and will be removed after your 7-day activity grace period. Meaning, after 7 days of joining and being active, you will no longer have a cap on posting.
    • Once members are in the Midgard Member group, they will no longer have the restrictions listed above

Additional Information

These changes should combat against those who feel it is right to spam the download's section to get their content count increased. If you are actually committed to the community and want to grow alongside it, getting your post-count increased will be effortless and then the limits will seize to exist on your account.  However, those who just want to download for the hell of it will have to suffer a bit.

I was actually about to post a suggestion regarding this. I was going to suggest something like members who are less than a week old are restricted to X amount of posts per day to prevent someone from spamming up general discussions to get their 20 post count.

This might work better though :P

1 hour ago, TooEclipse said:

I was actually about to post a suggestion regarding this. I was going to suggest something like members who are less than a week old are restricted to X amount of posts per day to prevent someone from spamming up general discussions to get their 20 post count.

This might work better though :P

Hmm I like that too. Maybe I should add something like that in as well xD

Added:

• Posting Limits
    • Members in the Midgard Novice group are only eligible to post up to 10 times a day (this refers to comments, polls, topics, replies, etc.)  and will be removed after your 7-day activity grace period. Meaning, after 7 days of joining and being active, you will no longer have a cap on posting.

yea there are a lot of fake/spam accounts already 

edit: oh fck, this affects me too! x)

7 minutes ago, Ridley said:

Yes it does. But not for long. You're almost there :P

And yeah. I've been trying my best to catch their accounts and resetting their counts and warning them.

6 minutes ago, Ridley said:

Better go comment "nice" and "very nice" on a few topics really quick :P

Does deleting a post delete a person's post count? I mean, it would require moderation, but would deleting the obvious "looks good" type of posts help stop people from spamming? With a daily post limit they can't spam all 20 in a day anyway which gives you time to delete their spammy posts before they actually download anything.

Deleting a Post does not affect the count. 

Off Topic: Coundn't find any info, but were with this "update" the zeny reset, too?

2 hours ago, TooEclipse said:

Better go comment "nice" and "very nice" on a few topics really quick :P

Does deleting a post delete a person's post count? I mean, it would require moderation, but would deleting the obvious "looks good" type of posts help stop people from spamming? With a daily post limit they can't spam all 20 in a day anyway which gives you time to delete their spammy posts before they actually download anything.

Well with me putting the limit of 10 posts a day would allow me some time to catch anything. Then when I do, I remove them, recount the count back to 0, and then they have to post again the next day.

2 hours ago, Ridley said:

Deleting a Post does not affect the count. 

Off Topic: Coundn't find any info, but were with this "update" the zeny reset, too?

Sadly, the zeny got wiped because it was causing too much background processing times for no apparent reason when we had that storage moving going on lol.