Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mystery

Third Job Servers

For those server owners who have Third Jobs, do you guys find it difficult to balance them out alongside Trans jobs?

I dont own a server but if I did, I think it would be difficult =/ thirds are more powerful

id think itd be hard to... especially beside trans? youre asking for trouble lol

I think it'd be easier to modify thirds to make them acceptable alongside trans.

​I think it'd be a bit of a challenge to say the least.

I know for myself, when I had to do the balancing... it was more of a pain. I think it could work, but it requires a lot of time and patience :P

Balance is a bit more hard, but some tricks can help the Admins to keep all balanced:

• Set only ONE server to base your formulas (if is iRO, only accpet iRO proofs to change anything).

- Why? People ever ask why this skill do a thing in a server but here not ("Ooooh Dragon Breath Damage not do this damage, its a bug!" - You go check and recent balances nerf this skill)

• Try to keep updated about the balances.

- Balances Happens every week, see the patch notes to keep your information updated, you don't want your 3rd classes running with old formulas (or too newer formulas rsrsrs)

• Try to find gears to all jobs for all purposes

In ragnarok renewal we have a gear for each job and this helps much with the balance (And there aren't cash shop headgears only). A good example is the temporal boots (from old glast heim) each variation help a type of build. New maps and instances have awesome rewards to help all jobs.

• For now is ALMOST IMPOSSIBLE make a full pvp high rate for third classes (most of skills stacks with status and level in a gorgerous scale) try to make it will finish in a server with H.K. skills and indestructible characters, please do not try it.

i agree too. The boots from OGH is pretty good along with other items too. At first, dragon breath was really hard to counter because of the way the skill was set as

Death Bound for me was hell... even a bit dmg will return a shit ton of it to the damager... :(

That's why till now I stick to Trans Server Settings still..

to where i play, they seem to have buffed some trans skills to balance the 3rds; on the other hand, some 3rds are debuffed and some are made "passive" 

It's very difficult.. we eventually managed it completely after months of tweaking but it is definitely a pain in the ass and i will not be doing it again! 

did you managed to balance the 3rd job? i heard they're OP af especially Prof/HW

we tried to balance before implement, but it's really difficult. after some tries we decided to keep out of server plans