Our market (i.e. Marketplace/Downloads) is a place where you can sell your work to buyers around the World of Midgard. We want to make sure that you and your buyers have a positive experience in our market. Please read on further to find out more about your rights as well as what is expected of you as a vendor.
This policy is associated with our General Guidelines. By vending items through our marketplace, you are agreeing to these guidelines as well as the following Verified's Guide.
What can be Sold?
Our Marketplace is unique. Some sellers might upload exclusive content to the marketplace that they won't sell anywhere else. Buyers may come to our Marketplace just to buy these items that they can not purchase anywhere else. As a seller, it is your responsibility that content you vend is made by yourself and/or have rights to resell it by getting permission from the original author or third-party services. If you do not have permission to sell the item, you risk having your account locked and the item being removed.
What can't be Sold?
You are not allowed to vend items that are not yours. If you have no permission from the original author, you will not be allowed to vend the item. The original author must contact an Administrator granting you authorization to resell their work.
Keep in mind that Midgard-Community may remove any vending items that violate our policies. Note that listing fees are non-refundable (i.e. Kafra's Commission). MC may also suspend or terminate your account for any violations. If your account does end up getting terminated, you will still be responsible for paying any outstanding dues.
Representing : yourself, service and your items Honestly
Here at MC we believe in transparency. Transparency means that you honestly and accurately represent yourself, your items, and your service.
By selling items in our Marketplace, you agree that you will:
- Provide honest, accurate information in your About page (located in your Profile), should you choose to complete it.
- Honour your own Policies, should you choose to publish them.
- Accurately represent your items in listings and listing photos (providing accurate information).
Communicating with other Members
You may use the forum's built in PM system to have conversations with members. Conversations are a great way for individuals to ask you questions about an item or an order.
Conversations may not be used for the following activities:
- Sending unsolicited advertising or promotions, requests for donations or spam;
- Harassing or abusing another member;
- Contacting someone after they have explicitly asked you not to; or
- Interfering with a transaction or the business of another member.
Using our PM system to harass other members is strictly prohibited. Similarly, Conversations may not be used to support or glorify hatred toward, or otherwise demean people based upon: race, ethnicity, religion, gender, gender identity, disability or sexual orientation. If you receive a Convo that violates this policy, please let us know right away by sending in a Support Ticket: here.
You may receive a buyer’s email address or other information as a result of entering into a transaction with that buyer. This information may only be used for MC-related communications. You may not use this information for unsolicited commercial messages or unauthorised transactions. Without the buyer’s explicit consent, you may not add any MC member to your email or physical mailing list or store or misuse any payment information.
Providing Great Customer Service
We expect our sellers to provide a high level of customer service. By selling in our Marketplace, you agree to:
1) Respond to Conversations in a timely manner.
2) Honour the commitments you make in your own policies.
3) Resolve disagreements or disputes directly with the buyer. In the unlikely event that you can’t reach a resolution, our Administration can help through our case system.
4) Provide support with the items they've purchased.
Last Updated: February 28th 2017
- February 28th 2017 - fixed formatting issues, rearranged content
- November 12th 2016 - added, rearranged, and updated some content / information